CARITAS CARE HOME
The Li Ka Shing Foundation was created by Mr Li Ka Shing to help aid the poor and vulnerable members of society after suffering hardship himself early in his life. He emphasised the importance of good healthcare and access to education and created many establishments of elderly care homes and community health centres
- The Li Ka Shing Caritas Care Home employs 350 people on site, their job is to help care for and cater for elderly patients’ needs on the premises.
- Cited past difficulties retrieving records which prompted them to make a decision to look for a new system
- Required a simple to use and reliable Time Attendance that can efficiently monitor their staff’s attendance and punctuality records.
- Preferred software to use their own existing HR software so compatibility is key.
Jakin ID listened to the requirements and provided the following solution:
- Implemented Jakin ID Combination models with Smart Card & Biometric Fingerprint technology.
- Flexibility to choose authentication methods on the employees’ preference – either smart card or their own fingerprint to register their attendance.
- Jakin ID’s integrated biometric fingerprint technology on the terminal prevents problems of “Buddy Punching” where employees may pass on their IDs to clock in despite not being present on the site.
- Jakin ID terminals are “network ready” and information can be browsed over multiple locations using a standard web browser.
- Log records are exported to databases that can be integrated with Caritas’ existing HR software package for employee management.
The Li Ka Shing Caritas Care Home have praised the ease of use from the Jakin ID Time Attendance solution and was pleased with the prompt installation service provided by Jakin ID. As a result, Li Ka Shing Caritas Care Home was overall highly satisfied with the solution and would heartily recommend it to other care homes under the foundation.